We appreciate your interest in becoming a part of the team! We are always seeking joyful, experienced sitters who would like to serve local families. Please be aware that due to the nature of our work, the process is a lengthy one to allow for thorough background checks and other sureties.
Interested parties must:
- Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Have your own reliable transportation;
- Have computer and Internet access and competency (e-mail, Excel spreadsheets, etc.);
- Be pursuing or already hold a degree in a child-related field (this is the only negotiable qualification);
- Hold CPR/First Aid certification (or be willing to acquire such within the month);
- Have 4+ years consistent childcare experience, beyond time spent with children of family/friends (e.g. as a babysitter, camp counselor, mother's helper, nanny, substitute teacher, etc.); and
- Be punctual, reliable, trustworthy, and humble -- this is not a line, because there is little or no patience for those who do not respect the time and trust of the families we serve.
Available work in Tallahassee:
- Many are available nights and weekends. We prefer sitters with weekday availability (at least two weekdays, ideally 7am - 6pm). Keep in mind that we are closed Sundays.
- In the Spring, we seek sitters available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays between 9am and 5pm to care for a group of small children in a professional setting.
- During the school year (August - May), we seek sitters who are willing to drive children weekdays after school (2:30pm-6:30pm).
- Each Fall, we like to have sitters willing to babysit during FSU's home football games. We pay extra for babysitting these days!
- Parents still need babysitters during spring break, summer break, and winter break! If you're willing to stay local, we'd love to have you.
While you are awaiting a reply, please prepare a childcare-related resume, request two letters of recommendation, and carefully consider your availability. Keep in mind that we are open every day except Sundays and we (being the super-planners we are) will be interested to know your availability during FSU's home football games, your summer / holiday availability, your availability during upcoming semesters, etc.